Moving to sunny Florida is a life-changing decision. Whether you’re moving to a new state or a new city, there are some things to consider though. You need to know which things are important to you and what your priorities are. If you’re an arty person, you probably want to find a place that will accommodate your interests. There are plenty of cities that are appropriate for different kinds of creative people who want to express themselves. So, before looking at Orlando movers quotes, try researching all the places for artists in Florida. Here are some places that might be your cup of tea if you’re a creative person.
One of the best places for artists in Florida: Miami
Miami is known for its perfect beaches and amazing nightlife and it’s a very popular vacation destination. But, did you know that it’s also a place that many artists find interesting? Well, just like any other big city, Miami has something for everyone. So, if you are looking for a good city for artists in Florida, you should consider Miami. Once you know a bit more about Miami, you can decide if you want to hire movers Titusville FL or look elsewhere. Here are some fun, artistic things to do in Miami.
1. The Wynwood Walls
If you are a fan of graffiti and wall art, this is the right place for you. Whenever you’re looking for some inspiration, you can visit The Wynwood Walls. These colorful walls are a great example of how some of the world’s greatest artists express their creativity. Even if you’re just a tourist, you might find this attraction interesting. And if you’re an artist who’s moving to Miami, you can look forward to this ever-changing street art. You have to admit, this is a pretty good Florida spot for artists.
2. Pérez Art Museum Miami (PAMM)
All artists like to visit different art museums and galleries to see what their fellow creatives are making. This is also a great way to get a surge of inspiration and get your creative juices flowing. So, this museum is a great place to visit if you’re an art enthusiast. There are different exhibitions that you can enjoy at the same time.
3. Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts
When it comes to performing arts, this is the place to go. If you’re a fan of the theater, music or the opera, this is the perfect place to visit. This is one of the leading performing arts organizations in the world, so you won’t regret getting some tickets and enjoying your night here. You can also find visual art installations here if that’s something you prefer.
As you can tell, Miami is definitely of the best art cities in Florida. Other than these, there are other fun places you can check out, like the Rubell Family Collection and Olympia Theater at Gusman Center. There’s something for everyone. And let’s face it, you’ll settle into a new city much easier if you can find places that interest you.
Another great place for artists in Florida: Sarasota
There are 25 museums in Sarasota, which puts it on the list of Florida’s best cities for artists. What more could you ask for? This city is considered Florida’s Cultural Coast and there are many museums, galleries and performing arts venues where you can enjoy different types of art. And if you decide that this is the place for you, you can find long distance movers and start your relocation. Here are some examples of artist-friendly places in Sarasota.
- The Ringling (the State Art Museum of Florida): This is a huge 66-acre estate that includes the Circus Museum, the Ca’ d’Zan Mansion, The Historic Asolo Theater, Bayfront Gardens, etc. You can spend the weekend exploring and looking at a big variety of art pieces.
- Art Center Sarasota: This is an organization that provides educational programs, but also exhibitions to local and regional artists. If you’re a fan of visual arts, you might want to consider becoming a member.
- Sarasota Opera: In case you like sophisticated nights out at the opera, this one is worth checking out.
The third of the best places for artists in Florida: St. Petersburg
This city is known for good weather, nice beaches, golfing, boating and fishing. However, that doesn’t mean that there’s nothing for all of you creative people.
In fact, St. Petersburg is a pretty good Florida city for creatives and there are definitely places where you can get inspired.
- Salvador Dalí Museum: If you’re a fan of world-famous painters, especially the genius Salvador Dalí, you have to check out this museum. There are both permanent exhibitions and temporary ones and you can surely find something that interests you.
- Museum of Fine Arts: There’s a permanent collection and some fascinating temporary exhibits, as well as events that might spark your interest.
- Zen Glass Studio: This is a very fun place for creative souls. You can try making custom glass art pieces if you like trying different art techniques. Take a class and see if you’re fit for making this kind of art. If you go to the Morean Arts Center you can also try glass blowing, or watch the pros do it.
So, if you’re looking for a good place for creative people in Florida, St. Petersburg seems like a pretty good option. In case you’re hesitant to move here for technical reasons like lack of storage, don’t be. You’ll find short term storage and the solution to any other problem. Do you really want to miss the opportunity to make glass art pieces because of that?
Looking for an artist-friendly place in Florida
If you’re an artist that’s moving to Florida or an art lover that’s moving to Florida, you shouldn’t be worried. There are plenty of places for artists in Florida, you just need to do your research. You can always find a museum or a gallery that will help you overcome your creative block and inspire you.