Are you in love? February is the month of love. Therefore, you should do something special about it. Even though couples should express their love every day, you cannot let Valentine’s Day pass without doing anything special. For example, surprise your partner with a trip or with dinner, buy presents, move in together, and so on. This year you can do something different, as in, you can decorate your home for Valentine’s Day. You can go all out and transform your home into a romantic getaway. Here are the best tips for decorating your home for Valentine’s Day. Not only will you find tips for decoration, but there will be a few tips for organizing a romantic Valentine’s date.
The short history of Valentine’s Day
Before you start decorating your home for Valentine’s Day, you should know about the history of the most romantic day in a year. This day has religious origins from a Christian feast day that honors Valentinus. According to the story, Saint Valentine performed weddings on February 14th for soldiers who could not marry. For this reason, Saint Valentine was imprisoned. Before his execution, he restored sight to the blind daughter of his judge. He wrote her a letter and signed it with “Your Valentine”. Pope Gelasius established the Feast of Saint Valentine in 496 in his honor to be celebrated on February 14th. Centuries later, Geoffrey Chaucer was the first one who associated a romantic love with this day. In the 18th century England, many couples started to express their love for each other by giving flowers, sending cards better known as valentines, and offering confectionery.
Decorate your home for Valentine’s Day by adding in some red
The best way to decorate your home for Valentine’s Day is to add small signs to your regular home. You do not have to spend a large amount of money to decorate your home. Simple yet effective items can do the wonder. In addition to this, these little items should be red. The red color is the color of love. For example, you can buy a cute set of mugs. A red heart-shaped plate is also a great option. In addition to this, you can add a couple of Valentine’s Day tea towels for your kitchen. These small items are not expensive yet they will contribute to making a romantic atmosphere. It is important not to overdo it. Later, you can use the items every day in your kitchen or you can store them in storage Orlando.
Bathroom and bedroom ideas
Since Valentine’s day is about celebrating your love, you should dedicate special attention to your bedroom and bathroom. First things first, think about items that you associate with love. Are those items roses? Flower petals? Candles? Pearls? You have so many options and you do not have to choose only one of them. Buy flowers. Decorate your home in red roses, white roses, pink roses, any color that you like. In addition to this, you can buy scented candles. When you turn off the electric lights, candles will provide romantic light and scent. Of course, do not forget to throw a couple of Valentine’s Day pillows on your bed. For your bathroom, you can also use candles, prepare a bath with flower petals, bring champagne, and enjoy the romantic night.
Decorate your home for Valentine’s Day with chocolate
Who does not like chocolate? Almost no one. You can use Valentine’s Day as your cheat day and eat as many pieces of chocolate as you want. Not only should you enjoy chocolate, but you will also share the same satisfaction with your partner. For this reason, it is time for shopping. Go and buy small wrapped chocolates and decorate your home. Of course, you can make a cake or any other type of dessert that you like and share it with your partner. Apart from a desert, you also need to think about drinks. You can go for a cozy yet romantic atmosphere by making hot chocolate. However, if you would like something stronger, a bottle of wine or champagne will do wonders.
Ideas for Valentine’s date – Part I
- Dancing – if you like dancing, you can hit a salsa club, catch a performance by your favorite band, etc.
- Bonfire – if you live in the suburbs, you can make a bonfire. Therefore, get chocolate, marshmallows, wine, and you can spend the night cuddling up by the fire.
- A Ghost Tour – if you do not like conventional ways of celebrating Valentine’s Day, you can go to a Ghost Tour.
- Ice Skating – a perfect excuse to get close to each other. Once you hit the ice ring, you can cold hands, save each other from falling, and have fun skating.
- A tour of your favorite places – pick a couple of your favorite places or pick one of the best cities in your opinion and let your partner choose one to visit.
Ideas for Valentine’s Day – Part II
- A surprise trip – organize a weekend trip to an unexplored town. Maybe you end up falling in love with your destination that you will want to move there. Then, call professional movers Orlando FL to help you with the move.
- A themed dinner and movie night at home – since you decorate your home for Valentine’s Day, you should organize a themed dinner and pick a movie to go with the theme.
- Watch a sunset or sunrise – is there anything more romantic than watching a sunset or sunrise sharing a blanket and cuddling with your partner? Especially on the beach!
- Karaoke bar – enjoy singing and dancing to your favorite songs at a karaoke bar.
- Spa – spend a romantic and relaxing weekend at a spa.
All the ideas to decorate your home for Valentine’ Day
As you can see, these would be all the best ideas for you to decorate your home for Valentine’s Day and organize a romantic date. Have fun!