Did you make new year’s resolutions for 2020? Does it include moving? You might need a change of scenario. For this reason, consider moving to Port Orange in 2020. Florida is an amazing state, full of wonderful beaches and sunny days. If you do not like the cold, then Port Orange is just for you. In addition to this, moving is a good way to start anew. Leave all the negativity behind and focus only on positive things. Since moving can be stressful, you should prepare well in advance. This means finding good movers Port Orange FL, packing your items, and lastly moving to your new home. For this reason, here is a perfect guide for moving to Port Orange in 2020. You will find all the important and necessary information in this article.
Why you should move to Port Orange in 2020
If you are still not sure about moving to Port Orange in 2020, here are all the reasons why this is a good decision. Port Orange is located in Volusia County with a population of 57,858. The median household income is around $43,353 while the median home value is $134,200. This means it is pretty affordable to buy a house in Port Orange. In addition to this, renting is more popular in this city. If you plan to rent, then prepare to give around $986. Commute time in Port Orange is relatively short, only half an hour for most people. Usually, they opt for driving their own car. Apart from this, most people will tell you that this city is safe. It has good schools, friendly neighborhoods, and a good atmosphere. If you decide to move, you will fit right away.
Finding a moving company
There are several ways how you can find a moving company. Here are all of them listed below.
- Ask your family and friends – the best way to avoid fraudulent movers is to ask for recommendations from people you trust. If your family members and friends are really satisfied with one moving company, then hire them. In addition to this, you can even get a discount if you come as a referral.
- Search on the Internet – you can find everything and anything on the Internet, hence google moving companies and see what comes up.
- Visit official websites – you can find information about moving services, quotes, contact, and more if you visit official websites of moving companies.
- Check your local newspapers or your Facebook group – if you are moving locally, then check your local newspaper. Most moving companies will advertise their services there. Additionally, ask in your local Facebook.
Hiring a moving company when you are moving to Port Orange 2020
Before you decide to hire just one moving company, you need to do a little bit of research. This means reading comments, or rather, moving reviews. Since people like to share their experiences, especially the negative ones, use it to make a decision. For this reason, visit Yelp, or any other similar website, to do a little bit of reading. Do not focus too much on either overly negative or positive reviews. Find the ones that focus on both sides. In addition to this, do not hire movers just because they offer the lowest prices. Apart from this, check their license by asking them in person or google it. Reliable movers have a license issued by either the FMSCA or the BBB. Lastly, do not forget to talk to your movers in person. Schedule an interview and ask them about additional costs, a house estimate, and so on.
Gather all the packing supplies
You should start gathering all the necessary packing supplies at least two months in advance. The first thing to get is a moving box, or rather, dozens of them. You can buy moving boxes, get them from your local liquor stores or markets. Some people will give theirs for free since they are finished using them. However, if you plan to store your items in storage Orlando, cardboard might not be the best choice. Cardboard attracts pests, rodents, and mold. For this reason, buy plastic bins. They are a little bit more expensive option but you can reuse plastic bins as many times as you need. Plastic bins are extremely durable and sturdy. In addition to this, you will need wrapping material. You can use bubble wrapping, old clothes, blankets, sheets, socks, and etc. Lastly, buy a tape to seal the boxes and do not forget to label them.
Packing and moving to Port Orange in 2020
Make a packing schedule when you are moving to Port Orange in 2020. Go over your items and do an inventory. Make three piles, one to move, one to sell/donate, and one to throw away.
- Items to move – pack one room at the time. This way you will avoid losing/damaging something.
- Sell/donate – sell your items on Amazon, Craigslist, and similar. You can also organize a garage sale if you have time. This is a good way to earn some additional money that you can use for your move. In addition to this, you can also donate your items. Contact local charities, churches, Goodwill, or any other big charity. Many of them offer pickup services.
- Throw away – throw away only those items you really do not need. You can check with your city if they organize pickups or you can rent a dumpster.
All the tips and tricks for organizing a move
As you can see, moving to Port Orange in 2020 might be just what you need. Make sure to find a good moving company. In addition to this, start organizing your move on time. Gather all the packing supplies. Make a moving or packing schedule. Pack one room at the time. Do not forget to get some good night’s sleep before the moving day, and eat a light breakfast and drink plenty of water.