Orlando Apartment Moving Tips
Preparing for Moving Day
The moving process can be intimidating and stressful – but it doesn’t have to be! Make moving into your new Orlando apartment as relaxing as possible with help from the experts. Professional moving companies can provide you packing and unpacking services in addition to the physical move.
A good first step when looking into professional moving is to determine what type of packing services you may need – whether you want them to handle the process from beginning to end or if you feel up to the challenge to pack your belongings yourself.
Regardless of your decision, it’s always best to sort and downsize to exactly what you think is “worth” moving into your new Orlando apartment. Moving provides a great opportunity to organize your belongings and get rid of any extra items you don’t need or use.
This is a guest blog post by Dakota Sproule, a Local Apartment Expert for 407apartments, an apartment search website that helps connect renters with apartments in Orlando that fit their lifestyle and budget.
How to Pack for a Move
- If you decide to pack your belongings yourself, make sure to collect the correct supplies and materials to do the job correctly.
- Newspaper, bubble wrap or blankets should be used for padding. This is important because if what you pack breaks during the move, the movers may not be held liable for your items.
- Be sure to have enough boxes on hand and label them with the contents and room destination so it’s easier to keep track of where it must go once delivered at your apartment in Orlando.
- Don’t pack your boxes too heavy and try to sort them by size and weight to make it organized for the movers.
- Keep all piles of boxes away from hallways and doorways so everyone can work around.
- Fragile items need extra attention with padding and labeling, so make sure your movers know what items are extremely fragile or sentimental.
- Clothing is best packed using wardrobe boxes, which you can find at your local department store. Most professional movers sell packing supplies, so ask your movers what materials they have to offer for your convenience.
Tips for Using Professional Movers
- Large pieces of furniture may need to be broken down for travel. Professional moving companies are equipped with basic tools and will be able to take apart any large pieces of furniture in order to transport them to their new space. Keep in mind that the time needed to take apart or rebuild furniture is billable.
Professional moving companies are unable to move certain items because of either safety or liability reasons. Ask for a list of items that the movers won’t move so you can prepare accordingly. Common items include household chemicals, paints, liquids, cash, important papers, propane tanks, pets, food, medicine, etc.