Do you have too many items in your home and not enough space? Then, this means it is time to find some alternative ways of getting that extra storage space. This is where storage rental Orlando comes in. Have you ever thought of renting a storage unit? It might be a better option than redecorating your home. In addition to this, if you plan to downsize, it would be a shame to throw or sell your items. You might want to use them after some time. For this reason, renting a storage unit might be the best option. However, you still have to pay monthly rents. If you believe this option is expensive, then here are the ultimate storage tips to save you money.
Put only the good items in your unit
The worst thing you can do is to waste money on a large unit. Do you really need to put all the items in the storage? The answer is, you probably do not. For this reason, you should do a little inventory before you take everything to your unit. Take a look at your items. See which ones you have not used in a long time. Do you really need those items? If the answer is negative, then check their condition. You can sell or donate some of your items. If you plan to sell them, then you have two options. First, you can organize a garage sale if you have time. The other solution is to use Amazon, Craigslist, and similar websites where you can sell your items. Additionally, you can donate your items at your local charities, or you can contact one of the major charities.
Storage tips to save you money – discounts and special offers
Who does not like discounts? Everyone likes them. Storage facilities also offer discounts. The reason is quite simple. They need to attract new customers. The storage industry is extremely competitive. For this reason, discounts are the best way to get new customers. This how you can save money on storage. In addition to this, do not be scared to ask for discounts or some special offers. It does not matter if you plan to use storage for a few months or for an extended period of time, make sure to ask for discounts. Be polite and see if you can get one for yourself. Typically, you can get 10 to 25 percent off the regular price. Apart from this discount, you can try to find a deal where the first couple of months are for free or half price.
See what storage facilities have to offer to you
You should not settle for the first storage facility you see. Of course, proximity matters. However, the closest facility does not equal the best one. For this reason, here are some ways how you can find your storage unit. Finding a good storage unit counts as one of the storage tips to save your money.
- Ask your friends and family – if someone from your family and friends rents a unit at the moment, ask them if they are satisfied with their unit. If they are, then rent one for yourself.
- Search on the Internet – you can find everything on the Internet, storage units included. For this reason, google storage units in your city.
- Check the local newspapers – local storage facilities will advertise their units in local newspapers so grab a copy.
Storage tips to save you money – compare and negotiate
As already mentioned, there are many storage facilities. In order to find the most affordable one, you have to compare them. For this reason, find at least five different facilities. Make sure to contact them to ask about their prices. Then, see if you can visit the units to check their condition. There is no use in renting a storage unit that is dirty and moldy. When you completed the steps mentioned, it is time to compare the prices. Take into account the price, the size, the overall condition, safety, surveillance, and location. In addition to this, you can negotiate or in other words, ask for a discount. Some facilities are willing to negotiate. Therefore, it is better to ask.
Moving and storing services
Usually, moving companies offer storage services as well. If you are moving, you can ask your movers Leesburg FL for their storage. Most companies will offer discounts or free short-term storage as part of your moving package. However, if your company does not offer storage services, they still might know or even have a partnership with a storage facility or truck rental company. In addition to this, use the free truck. Movers will come to pick up your items. So technically, you have a free truck that you can use.
The last set of storage tips to save you money
Here are some additional storage tips to save your money.
- Pack and load carefully – if you pack your items correctly, they will be well protected in your unit. For this reason, you will save money by not paying for their repairs. In addition to this, be careful when you lift and carry heavy boxes.
- Store bulky items somewhere else – bulky items need more space. More space equals more money. For this reason, if you do not have to, avoid storing large and bulky items.
- Share space – have you ever thought about sharing a storage unit? If not, then now it is the time to do it. When you share your storage unit with a trustworthy person or even more people, you do not have to pay the full rent on your own. This means at least 50 percent of the rent you will not have to pay.
All the best tips
As you can see, these would be all the best storage tips to save you money. If you need to rent a storage unit, make sure to follow these tips. Good luck!