You should always have fun decorating your home and putting it in a Christmas spirit. Most people enjoy Christmas celebrations as this is the time to spend with your family and friends. However, after the whole holiday rush passes, you are left with countless holiday decorations. Sure, they look amazing displayed on your Christmas tree, but where to store your holiday decorations for the rest of the year? You have to pack and store them properly if you plan to reuse them for the next holiday season. Should you rent pods Orlando, or find some creative ways to store them in your home? The options seem to be endless. For this reason, here are the best ways to store your holiday decorations.
The first two ways to store your holiday decorations
When you plan to store any items, you need to know how to pack them properly. For this reason, the first two ways to store your holiday decorations are easy to pack and store. Here are the following two.
- Use clear resealable bags – why spend money on packing supplies if you can use something that you already have in your kitchen? For this reason, take clear gallon bags from your kitchen. Sort your ornaments by color if you want, and put them inside the bags. It is very easy to store them this way and you can keep them in the same container.
- Reuse your household items – again, you can use items that you already have in your home. Egg cartons are perfect for ornaments. Plastic cups lined with soft paper are also the perfect solution. Clean takeout containers, plastic apple containers, drink holders can come in handy as well.
The next creative ways to store your holiday decorations
You should shrink your Christmas tree before you store it. It will save up storage space which most people are struggling with. If you are one of them who never has enough storage space, you can always find affordable storage Orlando. Back to the point, shrink wrap your Christmas tree before you put it somewhere. This way you will also keep your tree well protected and clean. In addition to this, there is no Christmas without some beautiful Christmas lights. However, these lights can be a true nightmare to store. In order to avoid this situation, take a piece of cardboard and wrap your lights around it. They will not get all tangled up this way. Next time you want to use them, you can just unwrap them from that piece of cardboard.
More tips that you can use this year
Keep garland in water bottles – just like Christmas lights, garlands can get twisted around your Christmas decorations. For this reason, you can use water bottles to store your garlands.
Storing your ornaments – you should use individual containers for valuable glass heirloom ornaments. This way, they will not break inside the box that is already filled with other decorations.
Plastic containers – plastic containers are the best for storing your holiday decorations. They come in various colors, sizes, and they are transparent. You can see what is inside. In addition to this, they are very sturdy which means your decorations will be safe. Lastly, you can even label plastic containers. Write down what is inside with a black marker. This way, you will not lose any ornaments. You can even use any of the ways mentioned in this article and put them inside plastic containers for additional protection.
Use all the storage container you have in your home
As it was already mentioned, you should not spend more money on packing supplies. Cardboard moving boxes can be expensive. For this reason, see what you already have and how you can use it to store your holiday decorations. Shoe boxes are perfect for storing smaller ornaments. Paper-towel tubes are amazing for storing garlands. Use egg cartons for smaller trinkets. However, if you do not have any of these in your home, do not worry. You can go to your local liquor store or just any store and ask them to give you cardboard boxes. They should have plenty of them, especially for holidays. Make sure to place heavier ornaments on the bottom, then you can put lighter ones at the top.
The last set of tricks for storing your holiday decorations
- Sew storage for your Christmas tree – you should use dust sheets and make three bags. One should go on the top of your tree, the other for the middle, and the last one to the bottom part of your tree. This way, your tree will be protected and will not get dirty all year long.
- Do not let your ornaments get crushed – it would be a shame to crush your ornaments. For this reason, you should prevent this by using leftover plastic cups from holiday parties. In addition to this, you can even glue plastic cups to the cardboard box.
- Buy a clothing rack – it is difficult to store wreaths as they are big. For this reason, you should invest in a clothing rack. You can put this clothing rack in your storage unit, or in your garage. Wrap your wreaths in plastic and put them on the rack.
The best way is…
As you can see, there is no just one way to store your holiday decorations. There are plenty of useful ways to store them. You can either use items that you already have in your home or you can buy some, like plastic containers, for example. Most ornaments are fragile and easy to break. For this reason, make sure to pack them properly. Do not put the box that contains fragile ornaments first. Put them at the top so you can prevent any potential accidents. If you follow these tips, your decorations will be safe and you can use them next year as well.