In our moving company’s latest blog series, we’ve been talking about the importance of organization and preparation for a move, and we also gave you a timeline that will help to keep you on track. Read our first blog to learn about weeks 8-5, and check out our last blog to learn about weeks 4 and 3. We have just a couple more weeks to cover, so without further ado, here is your timeline for the last 2 weeks of your move:
2 Weeks Before Moving Day
- Start packing your room up one room at a time, starting with the rooms you use the least, like guest rooms, and be sure to set aside things that you will need during the last couple of weeks. Label as you go to keep yourself organized.
- Pack up your valuable and make a plan for moving them.
- Clean your old home as you pack and organize so that you don’t have a huge cleaning job on the last day.
1 Week Before Moving Day
- Confirm the date and time of your move with your moving company.
- Pack a bag of essentials so that they are easily accessible during your move. This should include phone charges, a first aid kit, clothes for the weeks, toiletries you will need for the week, etc.
1 Day Before Moving Day
- Make sure that you have your moving folder handy, as it should contain all necessary documents for moving day.
- Clean what you can in your home. Empty our your freezer and refrigerator, then you can clean and start defrosting.
- Plan to be at home so that you can direct the movers as necessary.
- After everything is loaded and before the movers leave your old home, do one last sweep to make sure that everything is out.
- Complete any last minute cleaning tasks.