Make your move easy by starting early!
Procrastination is a great way to make an already stressful situation that much worse. If you wait until the last minute to get ready for your move, you will find yourself scrambling to keep up with all of the things you have to do. But the questions is, when should you start getting stuff ready for your move? Our professional movers in Florida have come up with the following timeline to make your move smooth and stress-free:
8 Weeks Before Moving Day
- Start looking for a reliable moving company. Now is the time to gather quotes and interview potential movers.
- Make organization a priority by creating a folder for all of your moving paperwork. This is a great place to store quotes, contracts, etc.
7 Weeks Before Moving Day
- Sort through your stuff to decide what you plan to move and what you plan to give away.
- Decide whether you want to start planning a garage sale or if you are willing to donate your unwanted items.
- Start gather supplies for your move.
6 Weeks Before Moving Day
- If you are moving long distance, notify your children’s school about the move and get copies of your medical records from your doctor’s office.
5 Weeks Before Moving Day
- Take a closer looks at moving quotes and book the moving company you decide to go with.
Want to learn what you should be doing to prepare for your move during the last 4 weeks? If so, please stay tuned for our next blog!